Monday, February 2, 2009

Blogging

Hi Everyone,

Great work on the blogging. I am really enjoying reading your entries. It gives me a good idea of what you are experiencing;,your struggles, connections and differences. It was interesting to note how each person responded differently to different stages. Some loved the fish. Some loved the cellular stage. As I noted at the beginning of the course, each of you will have your own response and whatever that response, it is your truth. There is no need to be anything other than you are. There is no right or wrong. There is only the experience.

One thing that I hear repeated on the blog is the subject of relaxation. Relaxation is not necessarily the goal of this course. Relaxation may happen, but that is a response. The goal of the course is to unpack the body and find out what is inside. Imagine buying a computer with a bunch of programs already installed and running. If this was your first computer, you might think that all computers are like this and not realize that some programs can be minimized, turned off or deleted if they do not serve you.

Some programs, like vision or speech, take up so much RAM or memory that when they are running other programs like touch, hearing or the kinesthetic sense are overpowered. All of our senses and systems have unique information and functions for our aliveness. Getting in touch with our sensory selves, our inner selves and our journey provides valuable information for physical, mental and spiritual health.

3 comments:

Jenea said...

I'm glad to focus on energy and finding myself! This is what I need the most at this place in my life.

Anonymous said...

Well said. I also wanted to let you know (because I couldn't leave a comment on the Homer page) that the homer experiencing evolution was great.

"What took you so long?"
~Desirae

Anonymous said...

I'm glad of the blogging experience, it is new to me and I think I now finally understand how theraputic spilling your thoughts out onto a page can be. This type of stream of conscious writing I think is a great tool for analyzing yourself and your strongest, initial, and most memorable reactions to experiences in the classroom and helps me relive the lesson and gain more insights about myself.
Thank you,
Eugenia Prezhdo